DJ Khaled told us a long time ago that all he does is win — but some may think otherwise after his latest performance.
Last weekend, the famous producer took the stage at the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas and his set turned out to be a flub. According to Rolling Stone, Khaled was scheduled for an hour-long set, but only performed for less than 20 minutes before fans booed him off the stage.
Insomnia CEO Pasquale Rotella, who put on the big show, told reporters, “Due to technical difficulties beyond DJ Khaled and Insomniac’s control, Khaled was not able to perform at his scheduled time on Sunday night at EDC. He arrived on time and ready to rock the crowd, but equipment issues delayed the performance. Even though there were technical difficulties, he still got onstage and showed his fans love.”
Of course, Khaled couldn’t let the night end without informing his fans about his failed performance, claiming that his set was compromised by technical issues. In a series of Instagram posts, he explained the mishap:
They cut my time short and they had me back stage for a hour and half and the sound kept breaking … then I heard my fans and I said I'm go out even if the sound cuts off and even if they cut my time short … I'm here for my fans even if the sound man and promoter don't have there stuff together I forgive them thoe love is the 🔑!!! MY FANS CAME OUT ! SO I CAME OUT !! NO MATTER WHAT! BLESS UP!! #GRATEFUL #JUNE23RD
They🚷 Tried to sabotage my sound so many times THEY couldnot get the sound right on my set and i still stood on stage wit no sound and when they got the sound to work they want cut my set short but I still rep for my people anyone else would walk off stage .. i knew my California and Vegas fans was in the building .. THEY🚷 DONT WANT US TO WIN SO WE WIN MORE FOR THERE HEAD TOP!!! It's all luv thoe .. love is the 🔑.. I forgive them … love is always the answer !
This isn’t the first time Khaled was called out for a lackluster performance. He also caught flack for his underwhelming show at Coachella earlier this year.
13 Photos Of DJ Khaled Before He Became The Snapchat King
1. Khaled, Trina, and Fat Joe in 2006.Source:Getty 1 of 13
2. Back in the early 2000s, Khaled was the DJ for Terror Squad.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. "We the Best."Source:Getty 3 of 13
4. TS circa 2004.Source:Getty 4 of 13
5. Throwback Remy and Khaled.Source:Getty 5 of 13
6. Brothers. Major Key.Source:Getty 6 of 13
7. What a difference a decade makes.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8. Cloth Talk.Source:Getty 8 of 13
9. Khaled and Akon hit up 106 & Park back in the day.Source:Getty 9 of 13
10. They don't want you to be happy.Source:Getty 10 of 13
11. Khaled and Boosie in '08.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Giving major keys to Flava Flav.Source:Getty 12 of 13
13. Cash Money meets Cloth King.Source:Getty 13 of 13
DJ Khaled’s Electric Daisy Carnival Set Was A Major Fail was originally published on globalgrind.com