HBO debuted Jay Z’s 10-minute “performance art movie” “Picasso Baby” last night, and we must say it’s pretty fantastic!
The Mark Romanek-directed clip shows the rapper interacting with fans young and old at New York’s Pace Gallery. The video’s concept of performing to one person a time was inspired by artist Marina Abramovic.
“We’re artists. We’re cousins,” Jay Z said of the art and hip-hop world’s colliding. With the video, he said he hopes to bring “the worlds back together.”
“It’s like that era when art and music were one, when Basquiat was hanging out with Madonna and Fab 5 Freddy and all those worlds were colliding,” he added.
Check out the video below and look out for cameos from Michael K. Williams from “The Wire”, actress Taraji P. Henson and actress/activist Rosie Perez!
Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- How Much Could Rasheeda & Kirk Frost Get For Selling Their Baby Pics? [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- AM BUZZ: Rihanna’s Wild Weekend At Crop Over; Raven-Symone Not Getting Married; New ‘Idol’ Judges
- Happy 52nd Birthday, President Barack Obama!
- PM BUZZ: Katy Perry Concerned For Rihanna; Beyonce A Demon?; Lisa Raye Goes Celibate & More
- Happy Birthday President Obama: Our Favorite Presidential Mashups [VIDEO]
Check Out This Gallery