Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- #DONJUANFASHO: Have You Ever Proposed Marriage … And Been Turned Down?
- DONALD TRUMP: Inauguration Spending and Donations Under Investigation
- Sam Sylk Reality Hour Rewind: Dating The Opposite Race During The Holidays
- Shaunie O’Neal’s Son Goes In For Heart Surgery: ‘If Only I Could Take His Place Today’
- Donnie Mcclurkin Totals Car After Passing Out Behind The Wheel
- Mia Love Pleads With GOP To Connect With African Americans After Getting Dragged By Trump
- 9 Year Old Commits Suicide After Being Bullied
- Melania ‘I Really Don’t Care’ Trump Claims ‘Opportunists’ Are Ruining Her Family’s Good Name
- FBI Confirms Gillum Is Not Corrupt And That DeSantis Lied
- Obama Honored With Human Rights Award While Trump Is Dismantling Human Rights
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com