Authorities on site at Santa Fe High School in Dickinson ISD have confirmed that at least eight people were shot and killed following a school shooting. The suspect, a student who has not been identified, is currently in custody according to assistant principal Cris Richardson. Students were evacuated from the high school and taken to Alamo Gym, located on Hwy 6.
This is the third school shooting in the past seven days and the 22nd in the United States since the beginning of the year.
The entire school district is on lockdown, district officials said.
Santa Fe is a city of about 13,000 people roughly 20 miles northwest of Galveston and 30 miles southeast of Houston.
The high school has about 1,400 students, according to GreatSchools.org. We’ll update this story as it develops.
- Hughley TV: Ray J Needs His Own Infomercial [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Kelly Rowland On The Power Of Loving Your ‘Crown And Glory’
- DL’s Top 10 Things That Cost More For Women Than Men
- She’s Here: Porsha Williams Gives Birth
- Tesla CEO, Elon Musk, Makes A Big Donation To Flint Students
- Listen To Black Women | If A Man Cheats, Does That Mean He Doesn’t Love You?
- Wendy Williams’ Cheating A** Husband Releases Statement: ‘We’re Doing Well As A Family’
- UC Bearcats Feel Right At Home In Columbus
- Wendy Williams Husband, Kevin, Release Statement
- TLC: New Music for Broadway Show
At Least 8 Reported Dead In School Shooting At Texas High School was originally published on theboxhouston.com