ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- TriState Strong Getting to Zero
- Black American Woman Says She’s Being ‘Deported’ From Bali ‘Because Of LGBT’
- Movement To Award Capitol Police Hero Eugene Goodman The Congressional Gold Medal Gains Steam
- How Kamala Harris’ Style Will Set The Tone Of Her Vice Presidency
- Video Model Lanisha Cole Got King Cannon Tat with Nick Cannon (Photo)
- First Lady Melania Trump tweets farewell (Video)
- Save Money during Penguin Days at the Cincinnati Zoo
- Rihanna Drops Valentine’s Day Savage x Fenty Campaign (Photos)
- Ohio: Two Ohio Residents Are Facing Federal Charges
- Denzel Washington: Got Teary-Eyed Over His Son Showing Him Love
- Bow Wow Feels ‘Singled Out’ By Mayor Sylvester Turner Over COVID-19 Violations At Club Events