ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- Cincinnati: Suburb In Cincinnati Lands On The 100 Richest Places In U.S.
- HELLO WORLD: The Reinvention Of São Paulo
- Wendy Williams Lives in a Sober Living House
- Hmm: Kevin McCall Says He Was At Eva Marcille & Mike Sterling’s Wedding
- Wendy Williams Reveals She’s Been Living In A Sober House Due To ‘Struggle With Cocaine In The Past’ [VIDEO]
- COMEDIAN JESS HILARIOUS ISSUES APOLOGY
- T.I.: Family Hustle Production Resumes
- MYSPACE: 12 Years Of Songs Gone
- Hughley TV: Why Is Samuel L. Jackson Mad All Of The Time? [VIDEO]
- Jazzy Report: The Medical Marijuana Industry Is Making Some Changes