ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- Jazzy Report: ‘Why Do We Need Weed From Canada?’
- DL’s GED Section: If You Want To Be Black Be Black All Of The Time
- FBI Ranks Detroit 2nd Most Violent Big City in America
- Mike Epps is Trolling Kevin Hart on IG!
- DAVE CHAPPELLE AND KAEPERNICK TO BE HONORED AT HARVARD UNIVERSITY:
- Cincinnati: Flash Flood Watch!
- TIGER WOODS: He’s Back With First Tournament Win In Five Years
- DIDDY: Creates Black 100 List
- ‘Insecure’ Recap: Issa Turns Social Media Stalker In The Wake Of Nathan’s Absence
- Pennsylvania Candidate For Governor Defends His White Supremacist Comments