ABC has decided to cancel Roseanne, multiple outlets reported Monday. The news comes after the show’s star, Roseanne Barr tweeted a racist “joke” at former aide to President Obama, Valerie Jarrett. Wanda Sykes had already announced her exit from the show on Tuesday morning.
“muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby=vj,” Barr wrote on Twitter late Monday night. She’s since deleted the tweet and quit the social media platform.
In a statement, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey said Tuesday, “Roseanne’s Twitter statement is abhorrent, repugnant and inconsistent with our values, and we have decided to cancel her show.”
- #DONJUANFASHO: Have You Ever Proposed Marriage … And Been Turned Down?
- DONALD TRUMP: Inauguration Spending and Donations Under Investigation
- Sam Sylk Reality Hour Rewind: Dating The Opposite Race During The Holidays
- Shaunie O’Neal’s Son Goes In For Heart Surgery: ‘If Only I Could Take His Place Today’
- Donnie Mcclurkin Totals Car After Passing Out Behind The Wheel
- Mia Love Pleads With GOP To Connect With African Americans After Getting Dragged By Trump
- 9 Year Old Commits Suicide After Being Bullied
- Melania ‘I Really Don’t Care’ Trump Claims ‘Opportunists’ Are Ruining Her Family’s Good Name
- FBI Confirms Gillum Is Not Corrupt And That DeSantis Lied
- Obama Honored With Human Rights Award While Trump Is Dismantling Human Rights