Kanye West has been going through a lot of change in the last couple of years. Mental health issues, new baby, political controversies, moving to Chicago, new music, possibly coming out of the sunken place (the jury is still out on this) and now changing his name.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Kanye announced via Twitter that he no longer wants to be called Kanye and has shortened it to Ye. He’s even gone as far to change his social media handles to his new name.
Ye made the announcement just hours before his Saturday Night Live performance and the new album release.
No word on what prompted the new name or if it’s even a legal name change or just a publicity stunt.
- Police: Jussie Smollett Is Now a Suspect, Charges Pending
- New York City Releases An Anti-Hair Discrimination Guideline For People of Color
- Listen To Black Women| Why Are Black Women Being Left Out Of The Mass Incarceration Conversation?
- Welp! Mo’Nique Shares Edited Clip Of Her Steve Harvey Interview, Titled ‘Selling Out’
- DL’s Top 10 Old School Sayings
- FU DL: Why Are You Such A Skeptic?!
- T Pain Ends Concert After Being Hit in the Face!
- #NYFWNOIR: Top 20 Looks From Black Models On The Runway
- JOHN LEGEND: Practice What You “Preach”
- 5 Things You May Not Know About The Montgomery Bus Boycott
Kanye West Changes His Name Just Before His Album Release and SNL Performance was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com