Kanye West has been going through a lot of change in the last couple of years. Mental health issues, new baby, political controversies, moving to Chicago, new music, possibly coming out of the sunken place (the jury is still out on this) and now changing his name.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Kanye announced via Twitter that he no longer wants to be called Kanye and has shortened it to Ye. He’s even gone as far to change his social media handles to his new name.
Ye made the announcement just hours before his Saturday Night Live performance and the new album release.
No word on what prompted the new name or if it’s even a legal name change or just a publicity stunt.
- New Study Shows Michelle Obama Is The Most Admired Woman In The World…Duh
- Angela Bassett, Patricia Arquette & Felicity Huffman Star In Netflix’s ‘Otherhood’
- SOJI: Meet The Notorious Nigerian Musicians Helping Beyonce Bring ‘Lion King’ Album To Life
- Lauren London: Son To Inherit $1 Million From Nipsey’s Estate
- Morehouse: Assistant Dean Accused of Sexual Assault
- Prison Life: R. Kelly Prefers to Solitary Confinement?
- Rose Lavelle: World Cup Soccer Champ Returns To Cincinnati!!!
- R. Kelly in Solitary Confinement, Fears for Life Behind Bars
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Flaunts Banging Body on IG & We’re ‘Green’ With Envy
- Earth, Wind & Fire, ‘Sesame Street’ Among 2019 Kennedy Center Honorees
Kanye West Changes His Name Just Before His Album Release and SNL Performance was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com