Text “RNB” to 71007 to join 100.3 RNB’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- Sam Sylk Reality Hour Rewind: Dating The Opposite Race During The Holidays
- Shaunie O’Neal’s Son Goes In For Heart Surgery: ‘If Only I Could Take His Place Today’
- Donnie Mcclurkin Totals Car After Passing Out Behind The Wheel
- Mia Love Pleads With GOP To Connect With African Americans After Getting Dragged By Trump
- 9 Year Old Commits Suicide After Being Bullied
- Melania ‘I Really Don’t Care’ Trump Claims ‘Opportunists’ Are Ruining Her Family’s Good Name
- FBI Confirms Gillum Is Not Corrupt And That DeSantis Lied
- Obama Honored With Human Rights Award While Trump Is Dismantling Human Rights
- #WTFasho A Real Pizza Work
- ELLEN DeGENERES: Thinking Of Ending Talk Show