Text “RNB” to 71007 to join 100.3 RNB’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- Russ Rant: Black Folks Supporting Trump
- Jazzy Report: People Can Get Away With What?
- D.L’s Top 10 Shocking Reasons Birth Control Fails
- #FacebookLiveFriday With Lincoln Ware 8/23/19
- Cincinnati school superintendent and police chief to provide updates on security
- Saweetie Brings Us An ICY Collection Via Her Collaboration With Pretty Little Thing
- Rihanna Cosigns Storing Your Weed In Her Fenty Beauty Packaging
- Aaliyah’s Wax Figure Unveiled!
- Jermaine Dupri: Clears All Of The Jay-Z Rumors
- Eli Manning: Embraced Jared Lorenzen’s son During Halftime In Cincinnati