Text “RNB” to 71007 to join 100.3 RNB’s mobile club for exclusive news & prizes.
The Ohio House has passed the controversial “Stand Your Ground” bill Wednesday by a vote of 64-26. This is the same law that became well known in household across America after the killing of Trayvon Martin.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
House Bill 228 allows people to use deadly force in self-defense without having to retreat. Those who support the bill say it will allow Ohioans to not have to worry about the burden of proof of self-defense in a court of law. Those against the bill believe the new law gives people less incentive to de-escalate a situation before resorting to violence.
In addition, the bill also eliminates the need for K-12 schools, airports and other public locations to post gun-free zones and reduce certain concealed handgun violations to minor misdemeanors. There are 25 states who currently have stand your gun laws.
- Michael Ealy & Meagan Good On Protecting Black Women In ‘The Intruder’
- Is Perfectionism Toxic?
- Listen To Black Women | Should You Marie Kondo Your Personal Life?
- Dee Barnes Alludes To Dr. Dre Sexually Assaulting Her In 1991
- Praise Yeezus!? Kanye West Is Having Easter ‘Sunday Service’ At Coachella
- OHIO: Missing Dog Shows Up 1 Year Later!!!
- Remy Ma Accused of Punching Former Love & Hip-Hop Co-Star
- DONALD TRUMP: Reacts To Mueller Report
- NICKI MINAJ: Leaves Longtime Managers
- SMH: Man Shot In Front Of Children In East Westwood