According to CNN, two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told them that Chicago Police now believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate his assault.
Earlier today, two men in question, Olabinjo and Abimbola Osundairo, were released by authorities after being arrest and held without charge by the police for 48 hours, with the Chicago PD saying the following:
“Due to new evidence as a result of today’s interrogations, the individuals questioned by police in the Empire case have now been released without charging and detectives have additional investigative work to complete.”
Smollett was reportedly attacked on January 29th by two men who he said were “yelling out racial and homophobic slurs.” He also told authorities one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.
Smollett has yet to respond to this latest report. He last spoke publicly in an interview with Robin Roberts on “Good Morning America” that aired Thursday.
- Teyana Taylor Was Hospitalized For Exhaustion Before Recent Concert
- Reginae Carter Celebrates Her Birthday With A Glamourous IG Photoshoot & Rockstar Themed Bash
- Ashanti On Receiving The Lady of Soul Award, Vibrating Higher And Staying Positive
- Virgil Abloh, Off-White Fashion Designer, Dead At 41
- Designer Virgil Abloh Dead After Private Battle With Cancer
- Rihanna Shows Us How To Make Look Plaid Sexy
- New York Times Headline Snafu Raises Questions About Crime Reporting
- Ahmaud Arbery Murder Trial Prosecutors Say ‘Trust The System,’ But It’s Part Of The Problem
- Urban One Honors Presented By T-Mobile “The Soundtrack of Black America” Set To Premiere MLK Day On TV One & Cleo TV
- As New COVID-19 Variant Emerges, Calls For Global Vaccine Equity Continue