Columbus Area Assistant principal, Jason Weese has been placed on administrative leave after being involved in an altercation with students last week.
The incident occurred in the cafeteria of Westland High School, where many students witnessed the altercation. The event is currently under investigation.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
South-Western City Schools has since addressed Weese with paperwork regarding the situation. A letter sent to the assistant principal states that he is not allowed on school property and is also forbidden from talking to any students while the incident is still being investigated.
A cell phone video surfaced on social media showing a student being placed in what appears to be a chokehold by the administrator. The student who took the video said she started filming because the student was screaming as he was taken to the floor.
According to students, the incident allegedly started when two boys started “play fighting” which led the assistant principal, as well as, the school resource officer to intervene.
The South-Western City School district says as soon as it learned of the incident, they reported it to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.
Weese is on administrative leave and has been informed that the investigation efforts are standard procedures. Furthermore, he is not presumed guilty of any wrongdoing at this time.
Attempts to reach Weese for comment were unsuccessful.
- OHIO: Car Pulled From Ohio River Had Remains Inside!!!
- DL’s Top 10 Dads We Wish Would Adopt Us
- Regina Hall Suffered Her Biggest Heartbreak At The Hands Of A Virgo
- APOLLO NIDA IS BACK IN JAIL!
- Jazzy Report: Texas Raising Legal Age To Purchase Tobacco
- Chris Brown: Makes Fun Of Karrueche Tran’s Boyfriend Victor Cruz
- Baby Phat: Ladies Are You Ready For The Return Of Baby Phat???
- Karrueche Gets Candid On What It Took To Escape Her Past And Become An Actress
- Columbus Pastor Mediates Meeting Between Cop & The Man He Punched
- Love And R&B’s #OHSOREALScenario
Ohio Assistant Principal Involved in Fight with Students was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com