John “Pops” Witherspoon, the comedian known for hit roles as Willie Jones in Friday as well as Robert “Grandad” Freeman has passed away according to Deadline. He was 77.
“It is with deepest sorrow that we can confirm our beloved husband and father, John Witherspoon, one of the hardest working men in show business, died today at his home in Sherman Oaks at the age of 77,” Witherspoon’s family told Deadline in a statement. “He is survived by his wife Angela, and his sons JD, Alexander, and a large family. We are all in shock, please give us a minute for a moment in privacy and we will celebrate his life and his work together. John used to say ‘I’m no big deal’, but he was huge deal to us.”
Witherspoon starred alongside Eddie Murphy in Boomerang as well as Shawn & Marlon Wayans in The Wayans Bros.
This story is being updated.
- A Golden Globe Awards Press Event Had These Celebs Showing Up In Hollywood Holiday Style
- Lewk Of The Week: Jodie Turner-Smith Is A Goddess In Gucci At ‘Queen & Slim’ Premiere
- #FacebookLiveFriday with Lincoln Ware 11/15/19
- D.L.’s Top 10 Signs Your Wife Is Unhappily Married
- Cleveland Browns’ win against Pittsburgh Steelers ends in brawl
- GED Section: The Reasons Why Trump Should Be Impeached
- Man targeting and violating girls walking to school in North College Hill
- Rihanna Radiates At The LA Premiere Of Queen & Slim
- Nickelodeon Teaming Up With Netflix
- Can Nail Polish For Men Ever Be Normalized?
Report: Legendary Comedian John “Pops” Witherspoon Passes Away At 77 was originally published on theboxhouston.com