After Christian Hamerter, 11, found out that his 7-year old sister Skylar Hamerter had been stood up for the second time by their dad to take her to the father-daughter dance, he decided to step in.
In a February 29th Facebook post, that received 52,000 shares, the siblings’ mother Trelysia Hamerter said that Skylar’s big brother told her that he would be his sister’s date to show her that “she deserves a man keeping his word and making her feel special.”
Looking forward to the special event in Covington, Georgia, Skylar’s mother told Today that she wanted her classmates to know that her father was a part of her life.
“This year she comes to me ahead of time and says, ‘Mommy, I want my dad to come with me to the dance. I don’t want grandpa. I want my dad, I want everyone to know I have a dad,” Trelysia said.
When Christian heard his sister crying he decided to take matters into his own hands. He picked out a suit and tie to match his little sister’s gold dress. The pair soon went to the dance and according to their mother, they had enjoyed every moment.
Our Favorite Black Celebrity Siblings
1. Bella, Bria, Angel and Shayne Murphy1 of 13
2. Tasha and Sidra Smith2 of 13
3. Malika and Khadija Haqq3 of 13
4. Tamar, Trina, Toni, Traci and Towanda Braxton4 of 13
5. Sasha and Malia Obama5 of 13
6. The Jacksons6 of 13
7. Angela and Russy Simmons7 of 13
8. Willow and Jaden Smith8 of 13
9. Meagan Good-Franklin and Lamiya Good9 of 13
10. Diddy's Boys!
Source:false 10 of 13
11. North, Saint & Chicago West
Source:false 11 of 13
12. King & DreamSource:false 12 of 13
13. Steph, Seth & Sydel Curry
Source:false 13 of 13
Older Brother Takes Sister To Father Daughter Dance After Dad Stood Her Up was originally published on blackamericaweb.com