Actresses Halle Berry and Jennifer Garner are urging California lawmakers to support legislation that would impose tougher penalties on paparazzi who harass celebrities and their children.
The stars testified Tuesday before the Assembly Judiciary Committee on SB606. The bill would change the definition of harassment to include photographing a child without the permission of a legal guardian.
It was Berry’s second state Capitol appearance on the measure. Berry, who is pregnant, told lawmakers the constant presence of photographers has made her daughter scared to go to school.
Garner choked up describing how paparazzi aggressively follow her and her three children daily. [Scroll down to watch.]
Media organizations are concerned the bill from Democratic Sen. Kevin de Leon of Los Angeles will interfere with news gathering.
SB606 passed and heads to the Appropriations Committee.
Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
· Recent Posts
- Get Well Wednesday: Itching to Find a Cure For Psoriasis
- Little Known Black History Fact: National Alliance of Federal and Postal Employees
- New Music: Marsha Ambrosius ft. Ne-Yo “Without You”
- Texas ‘Brownsville Raid’ Began On This Day In 1906
- PM BUZZ: Momma Dee’s Wild Drunk Night; Gloria Govan Walks Down The Aisle To 2Pac & More
Halle Berry, Jennifer Garner Testify: ‘Paparazzi Scare Our Kids’ was originally published on wzakcleveland.com