Prince became a member of the Twitterverse on Tuesday, and for the past four days the suddenly digital-friendly pop star has been giving us more and more to talk about!
Yesterday, the “Purple Rain” singer posted a funny Throwback Thursday flick, and asked Jay Z if he could use the Barclays Center for a seven-day concert stint (screams!). He even poked fun at all of the hype over his new account by posting a Google link to a “prince twitter” search and asking, “Slow news day?”
Prince — who said the “Internet’s completely over” during a 2010 interview — has never been a fan of technology so it’s intriguing to see him embracing the world wide web and the social media space.
“The Internet’s like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated,” he said. “Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can’t be good for you.”
Looks like Prince has jumped on to the 2013 bandwagon and if this isn’t a sign of the times then we don’t know what is! Click through the slides to find 6 of our favorite tweets from the musical legend thus far.
1. Prince declares this is just a test.
2. His introductory Twit pic.
3. He shares his love of food, or should we say pepper?
4. Everyone loves a good selfie, right?
5. The Purple One shares a YouTube link of what appears to be his new song, “Groovy Potential.”
6. Prince asks Jay-Z for exclusive access to the Barclays Center.
Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Shaliek Finds A Hit In ‘The Past’
- ‘Chante Moore Had Tom Sweating like He Swallowed a Molly Rancher’- HUGGY
- ‘We Have the Same Talent and [Are] Probably Better Than Half the Girls Period.’ – Prancing Elite Captain
- J. Anthony Brown Murders Another Hit: ‘Your Expanding A**’
- ‘Forest Whitaker Played his Role So Incredibly Well’- Admiral Rochon
Check Out This Gallery
Prince Tweets Jay Z + 6 Of His Most Adorable 140-Character Messages Thus Far! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com