Tamar Braxton has been hospitalized following what is being called “a possible suicide attempt,” according to a report from overnight. The 43-year-old singer was found “unresponsive” by her boyfriend, David Adefeso, at the Ritz Carlton Residences in Los Angeles after allegedly overdosing on prescription pills.
“We’re told David found Tamar ‘unresponsive’ and called 911 to report his girlfriend had been drinking and taking an unknown amount of prescription pills,” the Blast reported, citing anonymous sources who reportedly said, “he believed it was a possible suicide attempt.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
It was unclear when the alleged possible suicide attempt took place.
As of early Friday morning, the Blast reported that Braxton was “stable condition but still unconscious” and “under 24-hour watch at the hospital.”
The Los Angeles Police Department told the Blast that it received a report Thursday night “in regard to a 43-year-old female who had a medical emergency listed as a ‘possible overdose.’”
Prior to the reported possible suicide attempt, Braxton had been prepping the release of her new docuseries that chronicled her relationship with Adefeso. People reported that the show, on the We TV network, also “explores the star’s journey with motherhood, love, and her career as she records a new album.”
The report of Braxton’s “possible suicide attempt” came around the same time that Nick Cannon was posting cryptic tweets that some users on social media described as suicidal, as well. Cannon is embroiled in an anti-Semitic controversy following his firing this week from ViacomCBS over criticism of his commentary about Jewish people during an episode of his popular podcast from last month. After defiantly doubling down on his claims about “Hebrews,” Cannon was ultimately forced to apologize for his words before he tweeted early Friday morning that “Y’all can have this planet. I’m out!”
This is a developing story that will be updated as additional information becomes available.
- Presale Tickets for Nelly Music Series Available August 26!!
- Kings Island recently named best scare in the nation
- Cardi B big ‘UP’ college band!
- Black Americans Are Disproportionately Impacted By High Prescription Drugs Costs. Congressional Action Is A Matter Of Racial Equity.
- Chloe Bailey Understood The Assignment… Again!
- Nicki Minaj Steps Out In Purple Ombré Knee Length Wig
- BLM-LA Leader ‘Swatted’ Again After Announcing LAPD Lawsuit, Says Incident Underscores Call to Defund Police
- Happy Birthday Jayda Cheaves! 5 Times She Slayed On The ‘Gram
- Mo’Nique Is ‘Aging Like Fine Wine’ In Latest Instagram Pic
- Haitian Migrants: Does The U.S. Have A Legal Obligation To Process Asylum Seekers? It’s Complicated
- Black Female Officers In DC File Class-Action Lawsuit On MPDC For Race & Sex-Based Discrimination
Prayers Up For Tamar Braxton: Everything We Know About Singer’s ‘Possible Suicide Attempt’ was originally published on newsone.com