Ohio’s Governor Mike DeWine has tested positive for COVID-19 just before a scheduled visit with President Trump.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
President Trump was to meet DeWine Thursday in Cleveland and underwent a mandatory COVID-19 test before his visit as part of standard protocol. The news was revealed on Governor DeWine’s Twitter account.
DeWine is currently a-symptomatic and is planning to follow CDC recommendations and quarantine in his home for 14 days.
DeWine is the second governor in the U.S. to test positive for COVID-19 after Republican Oklahoma Governor Kevin Stitt. Ohio’s Lt. Governor Jon Husted also took a COID-19 but tested negative.
For more information on COVID-19 and Ohio visit coronavirus.ohio.gov
UPDATE 8/7/2020 10:31pm
After returning home Governor DeWine and his wife Fran took a second COVID-19 test. Both Governor DeWine and his wife tested negative. The Governor took two different types of COVID-19 test, the negative test came from a PCR test that is said to be more accurate.
- 5 Black Women To Consider For Next Supreme Court Justice
- Who Will Be The Next Supreme Court Nominee? Another Issue Black Voters Must Stay On Top Of
- Keeping It Local: Community Leader Cassandra Welchlin Is Galvanizing Voting Power In Jackson, Mississippi
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Death Draws Attention To Her Complicated Legacy On Race
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Dead At 87
- Gary’s Tea: Is Cardi B. Faking Her Divorce For Her New Album? [WATCH]
- Front Page News: Today Is National Black Voter Day [WATCH]
- Halle Berry Has A New Man & She Revealed His Identity… Sort Of [PHOTO]
- 2020 CURLFEST Host Bre Scullark Remembers Being Told Her Hair Was ‘Nappy’
- Pretty Girls Sweat And Sunday II Sunday Team Up To Make Fitness Fun And Affordable For Black Women
Governor Mike DeWine Test Positive for COVID-19 Then Negative in 2nd Test was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com