The ticket is set.
On Tuesday (August 11), Democratic nominee and former Vice President Joe Biden announced California senator Kamala Harris as his running mate. Harris, the former Attorney General for California, would be the first Black woman named to a major party’s Presidential ticket and would be the first female Vice President if Biden is elected in November.
“I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked @KamalaHarris — a fearless fighter for the little guy and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate,” Biden tweeted.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
He added, “Back when Kamala was Attorney General, she worked closely with Beau. I watched as they took on the big banks, lifted up working people, and protected women and kids from abuse. I was proud then, and I’m proud now to have her as my partner in this campaign.”
Harris, who initially ran for President until she suspended her campaign last December, endorsed Biden for President earlier this year.
- Alicia Keys Launches Beauty And Wellness Brand Keys Soulcare
- First Ever U.S. High-Speed Rail System Approved For Dallas-To-Houston Bullet Train
- Da Brat Opens Up About Dating Allen Iverson & Beating Up A Woman Over Him
- Black Votes Matter: What Eliminating The Electoral College Would Mean For African Americans
- Diann Valentine Is Pouring Back Into The Black Community With Her Glow + Flow Beauty Supply Stores
- Cincinnati: Happy First Day Of Fall
- Florida Bill Would ‘Encourage’ Drivers ‘To Mow Down BLM Protesters,’ Critics Say
- Sylvester Stallone’s: Mother Has Passed Away At The Age Of 98
- Georgia Cops Kills Black Man In Same City Where Ahmaud Arbery Was ‘Lynched’
- Louisville Police Preparing As If Cops Won’t Be Charged For Killing Breonna Taylor
Joe Biden Announces Kamala Harris As His Pick For Vice President was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com