The Columbus City School district has announced that starting August 15th all sports and extracurricular activities will be suspended until further notice due to concerns with COVID-19.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Teams will be able to wrap up all pre-season work and collect equipment before the suspension of fall sports including e soccer, golf, cross country, football, girls tennis, and cheerleading.
CCS Superintendent/CEO Dr. Talisa Dixon said on the school’s official website, “Today’s decision is a difficult one, but throughout this pandemic, our top priority has been the health and safety of our students, their families, our staff, and the Columbus community. We all know how important athletics and extracurricular activities are to our students, as well as the fabric of our schools and the communities they serve. But we also know the importance of protecting the health and safety of our students and those communities. We must make our decisions about the fall with that in mind. “
The good news is that sports could come back sooner than later. It all depends on the update COVID numbers, state, and CDC recommendations. The situation will be monitored closely for ongoing revaluation.
Watch below where Dr. Dixon and others go into depth as to how they came to this decision.
- WATCH: Sony Music Group Launches “YOUR VOICE YOUR POWER YOUR VOTE” Campaign
- ‘He Was Still Breathing’: Tafara Williams Suggests Waukegan Cops Could Have Saved Marcellis Stinnette
- Lovie Simone On ‘The Craft: Legacy’ Remake: ‘You Get To See The Lifestyle Of The Black Girl Without It Being Traumatizing’
- Kimora Lee Simmons Has A ‘Thrilling’ Creative Process For Baby Phat Beauty With Her Daughters Aoki Lee And Ming Lee
- Counselor Yunetta Spring Shares How To Deal With Election Anxiety [WATCH]
- Peep Pics Kyrie Irving’s New Nike Kyrie 7 Signature Sneaker
- Front Page News: Protests Start In Philadelphia After Police Shooting [WATCH]
- Barack Obama Joins HBO’s ‘The Shop: Uninterrupted’ This Friday
- Rep. Cedric Richmond Says Biden Campaign Never Told Ice Cube To Hold On Until After Election
- Wendy Williams Addresses Concerns Over Recent Behavior
Columbus City School Suspends Sports and Extracurricular Activities was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com