Everyone knows that being a working mom is one of the hardest jobs there is. Try mastering a work-life balance along with living a fabulous Hollywood lifestyle—this is a scenario Tracey Edmonds knows all too well. She’s embraced this busy life, all while making herself known in the film and entertainment industry.
The 48-year-old award-winning producer set out to make magic in 1993 with her then husband, Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds. The two formed Edmonds Entertainment Group, which created the hit TV series, Soul Food. The show garnered critical and commercial success, earning five NAACP Image Awards. Edmonds Entertainment Group has become a multimillion dollar enterprise that is actively involved in all aspects of the entertainment business.
Today, Tracey is a dynamic, multidimensional entertainment industry veteran. She’s currently the executive producer of Deion’s Family Playbook. She is also the executive producer on Lifetime’s original movie, With This Ring. But despite her busy overloaded schedule, Tracey somehow still manages to make time to nurture her growing family with expert ease.
From following your dreams, effective time-management, “me” time and more, we asked Tracey how she is able to do it all. Simply put, “You can’t put all your eggs in one basket,” she revealed. Watch the video above and get Tracey’s must-watch working mom tips. We’re still taking notes!
Check Your Inbox: Top 15 Business Email Mistakes To Avoid
1. Before You Press Send…1 of 18
2. Top 15 Business Email Faux Pas To Avoid2 of 18
3. Incorporating Cutesy Emoticons3 of 18
4. Sending Emails With Irrelevant Or No Signature Lines4 of 18
5. Making Spelling Errors5 of 18
6. Using “Reply All” For Every Message6 of 18
7. Being Too Longwinded7 of 18
8. Including Marathon-Length Previous Conversations8 of 18
9. Altering Previous Conversations9 of 18
10. Outing Someone Who BCC’d You10 of 18
11. Ignoring Important Emails11 of 18
12. Using Irrelevant Subject Lines12 of 18
13. Burying Your Point13 of 18
14. Overemphasizing The Importance Of Your Inbox14 of 18
15. Attaching Enormous Files15 of 18
16. Using A Gushy Closing16 of 18
17. Replying Without Sufficient Reflection17 of 18
18. Rashida Maples18 of 18