It’s the precious natural hair wearing black family for us! Nick Jr. just revealed the promo for their brand new animated preschool series “Made by Maddie” and we’re ALL IN from the gate. The show follows 8-year-old Maddie in New York City, as she uses her imagination and design ingenuity to turn every problem into a positive with the perfect fashion fix. The series premieres Sunday, Sept. 13, at 11 a.m. (ET/PT) on the Nick Jr. channel.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
So cute right?! Throughout the season, Made by Maddie will feature guest voice appearances by Karamo Brown; Rhyon Nicole Brown (Empire); Danny Burstein (Broadway’s Moulin Rouge!); David Burtka; Monét X Change (RuPaul’s Drag Race); Joey Fatone; Griffin Robert Faulkner (Raising Dion); Nina Garcia (Project Runway); Joy Lynn Jacobs (The Blacklist); Claudia Morcate-Martin (Seneca); Wanya Morris; Christine Pedi (Steven Universe); Christiani Pitts (Broadway’s King Kong); Al Roker; D’Angelo Russell (Minnesota Timberwolves); Horatio Sanz (Black Monday); and Nico Tortorella (Younger).
Tha’s quite a roster of voice talent!
Here’s a little more about the show:
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
Made by Maddie centers on Maddie (Alyssa Cheatham), a quick-thinking little girl with a big personality and a huge heart, who has a passion for fashion. Maddie finds design inspiration around every corner and her big ideas couldn’t become a reality without the love and support of her aspirational and talented fashion designer mom, Dee (Patina Miller), and her super cool and upbeat musician dad, Rashad (James Monroe Iglehart), along with the assistance of friends and neighbors, including kind, animal-loving best friend, Jada (Sophia Torres), and the twins—rule-following Harper (Amanda Dressel) and fearless Hudson (Ames McNamara)—who are always up for adventure. Maddie’s creative thinking and dazzling designs are a reflection of the bustling, colorful city of New York and its residents. Maddie confidently embraces her own unique style, celebrates individuality, treats everyone with kindness, and encourages others to take risks and be themselves.
In the series premiere, “If the Glue Fits/Mini-Me DJ,” Maddie gets her hands stuck to a pair of shoes Dee designed. Once she finally gets the shoes unstuck, she has to come up with a redesign to save the day. Then, Maddie, Dee, and her assistant Dustin design an outfit for DJ Fierce, a famous DJ. They scour the city for the perfect materials, but when a misunderstanding leads to an outfit mix-up, Maddie will have to get creative with a fashion fix.
Created by Paula Rosenthal and produced by Silvergate Media (Sunny Day, Peter Rabbit, The Octonauts, Hilda), the series (22 half-hour episodes) Made by Maddie will continue to air regularly Sundays at 11 a.m.(ET/PT) on the Nick Jr. channel.
Following the series premiere of Made by Maddie, NickJr.com, and the Nick Jr. App will feature short-form content and full-length episodes. Episodes will also be available on Nick Jr. On-Demand and Download-To-Own services.
Representation matters so much. We love that Nick Jr. is showcasing a loving black family and is putting an intelligent, ambitious, adventurous young black designer at the center of it!
This article was originally posted on Bossip.com.
50 Of Our Favorite Natural Hair Moments On The Red Carpet
1. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 1 of 50
2. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 2 of 50
3. LUPITA NYONG'OSource:Getty 3 of 50
4. LUPITA NYONG'OSource:Getty 4 of 50
5. SOLANGESource:Getty 5 of 50
6. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 6 of 50
7. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 7 of 50
8. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 8 of 50
9. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 9 of 50
10. VIOLA DAVISSource:Getty 10 of 50
11. VIOLA DAVISSource:Getty 11 of 50
12. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 12 of 50
13. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 13 of 50
14. JANELLE MONAESource:Getty 14 of 50
15. JANELLE MONAESource:Getty 15 of 50
16. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 16 of 50
17. KERRY WASHINGTONSource:Getty 17 of 50
18. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 18 of 50
19. AMANDLA STENBERGSource:Getty 19 of 50
20. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 20 of 50
21. KIKI LAYNESource:Getty 21 of 50
22. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 22 of 50
23. DANAI GURIRASource:Getty 23 of 50
24. REGINA KINGSource:Getty 24 of 50
25. REGINA KINGSource:Getty 25 of 50
26. DANIELLE BROOKSSource:Getty 26 of 50
27. DANIELLE BROOKSSource:Getty 27 of 50
28. YARA SHAHIDISource:Getty 28 of 50
29. YARA SHAHIDISource:Getty 29 of 50
30. ISSA RAESource:Getty 30 of 50
31. JILL SCOTTSource:Getty 31 of 50
32. JILL SCOTTSource:Getty 32 of 50
33. LENA WAITHESource:WENN 33 of 50
34. LENA WAITHESource:WENN 34 of 50
35. NATASHA ROTHWELLSource:Getty 35 of 50
36. NATASHA ROTHWELLSource:Getty 36 of 50
37. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 37 of 50
38. TRACEE ELLIS ROSSSource:Getty 38 of 50
39. GABRIELLE UNIONSource:Getty 39 of 50
40. GABRIELLE UNIONSource:Getty 40 of 50
41. TARAJI P. HENSONSource:WENN 41 of 50
42. TARAJI P. HENSONSource:WENN 42 of 50
43. ALICIA KEYSSource:Getty 43 of 50
44. ALICIA KEYSSource:Getty 44 of 50
45. RIHQANNASource:Getty 45 of 50
46. RIHANNASource:Getty 46 of 50
47. SLICK WOODSSource:Getty 47 of 50
48. ALEK WEKSource:Getty 48 of 50
49. ALEK WEKSource:Getty 49 of 50
50. MEAGAN GOODSource:Getty 50 of 50
Nick Jr. Shows Some Representation With Their Newest Show “Made By Maddie” [VIDEO] was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com