Mars unveiled the new name for its 70-year-old Uncle Ben’s rice brand.
This is the latest company to drop a logo criticized as a racial stereotype.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Packaging with the new name Ben’s Original will hit stores next year.
“We listened to our associates and our customers and the time is right to make meaningful changes across society,” said Fiona Dawson, global president for Mars Food, multisales and global customers. “When you are making these changes, you are not going to please everyone. But it’s about doing the right thing, not the easy thing.”
- Is It Ok To Put Your Friendships On Pause During The Pandemic?
- Alicia Garza Says FBI Foiled Plot By Suspected White Supremacists Who Had Her Name ‘On A List’
- Black Tony Says He’s Leaving The Rickey Smiley Morning Show! [WATCH]
- Attorney Ben Crump Addresses Former Officer Derek Chauvin’s Third-Degree Murder Charge Being Dropped [WATCH]
- Jailed White Domestic Terrorist Plotted Joe Biden Assassination
- Cincinnati: Are The Road Crews Ready For The Winter???
- #WTFasho: A Woman Slaps The Flight Attendant When Asked To Put Her Mask On
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — October 23, 2020: Trump vs. Biden — Updated CDC Guidelines — Costly Trading Mistakes
- Kristen Welker Wins Final Presidential Debate As Moderator Is Praised For Her Performance
- People Think Biden Threw Obama Under The Bus On Immigration During Final Presidential Debate
Uncle Ben’s Rice Brand Gets A New Name Change, Are We Here For it? was originally published on 92q.com