The announcement is disappointing but no surprise after the continual rising COVID-19 rates throughout the country. Michigan, like other football teams, has been dealing with a rise in COVID-19 cases with student-athletes causing them to quarantine. Warde Manuel, University of Michigan’s Donald R. Shepherd Director of Athletics was quoted saying, “We have not been cleared to participate in practice at this time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to field a team due to COVID-19 positives and the associated quarantining required of close contact individuals. This decision is disappointing for our team and coaches but their health and safety is paramount, and it will always come first in our decision-making.”
Missing this game could take Ohio State out of title game eligibility, but the BIG 10 announced that the eligibility rule is being considered for change due. If this rule is changed Ohio State could stay eligible for the championship or a bowl game.
Ohio State tweeted their response to the cancelation that was exactly like ours…
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Senate Confirms Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson Amid Push For Justice Breyer To Step Down From SCOTUS
- Michelle Williams Becomes “Merleen” To Clap Back At Fans Canceling “Cater 2 U” By Destiny’s Child
- 6-Year-Old Boy Shot By Neighbor Is Heading To Therapy, Dad Says: ‘Whole Family Is Affected’
- Ladies Pull Out Your Bikinis Because Lizzo Is Declaring This A Big Girl Summer
- Do You Live In One Of 2021’s Most Fun States in America?
- RnB Cincy Exclusive: Get Ledisi Tickets for ‘The Wild Card Tour’ Before They Go on Sale
- For Alicia Keys, Skincare And Affirmations Go Hand-In-Hand
- Cedric The Entertainer Reacts To Katt Williams ‘Stolen Joke’ Allegations
- Model Monday: Nana Malone Couldn’t Find A Black Book Model So She Became One
- VP Kamala Harris Makes History At Pride March In Washington
University of ❌ichigan Cancels Ohio State Football Game was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com