Source: Robbie Ann Darby / http://www.RADexperience.com/caption
Wear makeup to the gym. Yes, you read that right. I’m telling you to start hitting the gym in makeup beauties. Your face may be slightly turned up in confusion as you read this, but let me be super clear: fitness club and night club makeup are very different. The products I wear to squat it like it’s hot at the gym are very different than the products I rock when I hit happy hour on Friday.
MUST READ: Must-Have Beauty Products For Your Gym Bag
If you don’t usually wear makeup, then don’t start for the sake of your sweat sessions! But if you do beat your face on a regular, you really ought to make up a new makeup regimen for the gym asap. Fitness clubs are the new Match.com and runway nowadays, so if you’re single or just want to be a sweaty beauty, then learn how to do it and do it well with these tips.
1. Look The Part
Bobbi Brown’s new line offers 12 hours of waterproof, sweat-proof and humidity-resistant wear and since it was tested on athletes, it’s pretty safe to say this line is sweaty beauty worthy. So before I even think about getting it poppin’ at the gym, I look the part and make my eyes pop. Especially for those early morning sweat sessions – a well groomed brow using the Perfectly Defined Long-Wear Brow Pencil and top lash brimmed with the Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Scotch says, “Hello, I’m awake and ready to kill this workout!” Top this with a couple coats of waterproof mascara – my favorite is L’Oreal® Paris Voluminous Original Mascara – and get ready to bat those eyelashes while you bicep curl boo.
2. Customize Your Look
Covering up a blemish or two while blasting burpees out in bootcamp never hurt nobody. I know you may think using foundation pre-sweat will cause breakouts, and you’re right, it totally can. But it won’t if you know what type of coverage to go for and how much of it to use. Again, a full on beat face is a bit much at the fitness club, so the key is to keep it light – which is why I am completely obsessed with the Cover FX Custom Drops. Speaking of “drops” you can actually drop all your other foundations once you get your hands on this RAD product. Since it’s drops of pure pigment you have complete control of your coverage levels. I usually do one drop in my oil free SPF moisturizer for the gym, two drops for extra coverage post gym and three drops for flawless perfection when I head out for a night out. Your #dropportunity is waiting sis, so mix this new revolutionary product in your favorite oil, silicone or water based beauty product stat.
3. Keep It Light
If you prefer an all-in-one option for perfect coverage during those perfect push ups, then check out the All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation from NARS. Light weight and full coverage is a challenging combo to find in the beauty aisle, so once you come across this winning combination that also happens to be oil free and high performance then you kind of have to jump on it before you do those jumping jacks ladies. In clinical tests this paraben-free formula was proven to wear 16 hours, passed anti-humidity test and even improved skin clarity after four weeks. Who wouldn’t want to improve their skin while they improved their body? It builds and blends beautifully so add this bold look to your buff bod boo.
4. Pucker Up While You Shape Up
If lipstick and chapstick had a baby, her name would be Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15. Offered in a plethora of colors, this product is the perfect option for those who want to pucker up while they shape up. I love how ultra-nourishing this tinted lip treatment is. It literally moisturizes, protects and smooths your lips all while leaving a sheer tint. My favorite colors right now are Petal for most workouts and Passion for when I feel like some hottie hunting could take place during my workout (wink wink). Plus they both are great bases under your favorite lipstick ladies. I rarely reapply when I go with this combo, so grab a couple colors and bring on the duck face post workout selfies sis!
5. Ready, Set, Go (All Day)
I am pretty sure right under sliced bread, Urban Decay’s Chill Cooling and Hydrating Makeup Setting Spray is the best invention ever. It’s basically like hair spray for your face beauties. Apply your makeup in the morning, work at the office all day, hit yoga after work and guess what will still look the same all day?! Your beautiful face. Can you say 12 hour endurance?! True story. Simply mist on this weightless spray and your makeup will last all day without smudges or fine lines. Plus, the chill feature of this option (P.S. Urban Decay has a few other setting sprays that are worth trying too) has cooling time-release Temperature Control Technology that actually chills the surface of your makeup. What in the world?! I’m telling you – it’s genius.
Happy, beautiful sweating!
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
#Fitspiration: The Instagram Fitness Gurus You Should Follow
1. Fit For The 'GramSource:Instagram @radexperience 1 of 16
2. @msjeanettejenkins: Ms. Celeb Trainer & MotivatorSource:Instagram @msjeanettejenkins 2 of 16
3. @twobadbodies: Double The Sweaty FunSource:Instagram @twobadbodies 3 of 16
4. @natashahastings: Catch Her If You CanSource:Instagram @natashahastings 4 of 16
5. @fitfoodiele: One Healthy MommaSource:Instagram @fitfoodiele 5 of 16
6. @yogaracheal: Kick It With RachealSource:Instagram @yogaracheal 6 of 16
7. @spirituallyfly: Keep The FaithSource:Instagram @spirituallyfly 7 of 16
8. @kinkysweat: Sweat It Out With Your Kinks OutSource:Instagram @kinkysweat 8 of 16
9. @gritbybrit: A Southern Girl With True GritSource:Instagram @gritbybrit 9 of 16
10. @lajoy224: Everyone's Favorite Fitness ModelSource:Instagram @lajoy224 10 of 16
11. @mynameisjessamyn: Size Doesn't MatterSource:Instagram @mynameisjessamyn 11 of 16
12. @paparoxi: Faith, Food & FitnessSource:Instagram @paparoxi 12 of 16
13. @HerSweat: Badass Women Go HardSource:Instagram/HerSweat 13 of 16
14. @HannahBronfman: Food Lover, Workout Enthusiast #HBFitSource:Instagram/HannahBronfman 14 of 16
15. @ChelseaLovesYoga: Yoga is just as mental as it is physical.Source:Instagram/ChelseaLovesYoga 15 of 16
16. @GymHooky: No Gym? Ariel's Got You!Source:Instagram/GymHooky 16 of 16