Will Smith stars in Concussion, the dramatic thriller based on the true story of American immigrant Dr. Bennet Omalu, a forensic neuropathologist who made the first discovery of CTE, a football-related brain trauma, in a pro player and fought for the truth to be known.
He talks to the TJMS about being a football dad in real life, perfecting his Nigerian accent and urging parents to be informed about sports related injuries.
“It’s an enjoyable experience. You never want to get caught up so much in an issue that you forget to entertain. Behind the issue of what’s going on with the professional football player, it’s really powerful. It has that pursuit of happyness vibe,” he said.
On if he received any backlash from the NFL:
“I’m probably not getting invited to the Super Bowl this year. But we haven’t had any contact and no one has said anything to me yet.”
Why he decided to participate in the film:
“My oldest son played for four years. I definitely had to be part of this movie because when my son played, I didn’t know there was a potential for long-term damage. None of the parents knew. I felt really compelled as a parent to make this. If you’re going to send your kids to do something you should be informed.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
The Most Noteworthy Dressers Of 2015
1. Kendall JennerSource:PR 1 of 20
2. Taraji P HensonSource:PR 2 of 20
3. Will SmithSource:PR 3 of 20
4. Morris ChestnutSource:PR 4 of 20
5. Angela BassettSource:PR 5 of 20
6. Keke PalmerSource:PR 6 of 20
7. Jussie SmollettSource:PR 7 of 20
8. Lala AnthonySource:Lala Instagram 8 of 20
9. BeyonceSource:Instagram 9 of 20
10. RihannaSource:PR 10 of 20
11. Tia MowrySource:PR 11 of 20
12. Nick CannonSource:PR 12 of 20
13. Kerry WashingtonSource:PR 13 of 20
14. Kevin HartSource:PR 14 of 20
15. Zoe KravitzSource:PR 15 of 20
16. ZendayaSource:PR 16 of 20
17. Viola DavisSource:PR 17 of 20
18. SolangeSource:PR/Solange Instagram 18 of 20
19. Michael B. JordanSource:PR 19 of 20
20. Gabrielle Union WadeSource:PR 20 of 20
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Will Smith On ‘Concussion’: ”This Has That Pursuit Of Happyness Vibe” was originally published on blackamericaweb.com