Jaheim is facing some serious charges after a call on Labor Day led to the discovery of more than a dozen animals on the brink of starvation, one of which had to be put down, according to news reports.
On September 6, police visited Jaheim’s New Jersey home to look into concerns of a “puppy in distress.” This led to the discovery of six dogs in the driveway, one of which had to be euthanized, according to the Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office.
Authorities also said the animals were inside crates “partially filled with several inches of water and dog feces.”
As officials tended to the animals outside the home, loud barks could be heard coming from inside the residence. Upon entering, they discovered an additional nine dogs “in varying stages of emaciation.”
The 43-year-old singer was arrested is now charged with third-degree animal cruelty and failure to provide necessary care to an animal.
- Congressional HBCU Caucus Presses DOJ, FBI Over Ongoing Bomb Threats At Historically Black Colleges
- WATCH: Trailer Released For Season 3 Of The Emmy Award Winning Series ‘Ghostwriter’
- This Is Why Black Women Die At A Higher Rate From Breast Cancer Though They’re Diagnosed Less Than White Women
- Megan Thee Stallion Debuts Fiery Red Hair At The Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit
- Pear Nova Drops Its First ‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Luxury Faux Nail Collection
- Cinnamon, Spice & Everything Nice: Wig Color Trends For The Fall
- Gary’s Tea Exclusive! Cory Hardrict Said THIS Yesterday Before The Divorce From Tia Mowry Was Announced! [WATCH]
- Student Debt Relief’s Efforts To Close Racial Wealth Gap Is ‘Improper,’ Conservative Group Says In Lawsuit
- Watch: Cuffing Season Isn’t Going According to Plan In Ari Lennox’s “POF” Video
- Kandi Mocks Marlo Hampton In Instagram Video For Saying She’s Not Worldwide [WATCH]
Jaheim Charged With Animal Cruelty, 15 Dogs Found Starving In New Jersey Home was originally published on wzakcleveland.com