According to NBC4i, the Ohio Department of Health updated its COVID-19 quarantine guidance for state schools Monday.
State health director Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff laid out two scenarios, called “mask to stay” and “test to play.”
- “Mask to stay” allows a student to remain in the classroom after exposure to a positive COVID-19 case as long as they wear a mask for 14 days, with the option to stop wearing the mask after seven days if the student shows no symptoms and tests negative between the fifth and seventh days.
- “Test to play” refers to participation in extracurricular activities. To continue to participate, a student must show no symptoms and wear a mask when possible, such as on buses. In addition, the student must test immediately to prove they do not have COVID-19, and then again between the fifth and seventh days.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Former UCF Star Otis Anderson Jr. Shot & Killed By Own Dad Over A Dog Bite
- Kentucky Journalist Becomes 3rd Black Woman In A Row To Be Crowned Miss USA
- Black Man Wins $456K In Real-Life Multimillion-Dollar Recreation Of ‘Squid Game’
- Beyoncé Pose With Rumi and Blue In Houndstooth For the ‘Halls of Ivy’ Collection
- Rihanna Dazzles In A Bottega Veneta Gown As She Accepts The National Hero Of Barbados Award
- Dr. Collier Shares Everything You Need To Know About The Omicron Variant Of COVID-19 [WATCH]
- Tiffany Haddish Shows Off Her Dance Moves In A Striped Stevie The Designer Dress
- Columbus Film Director gets Distribution for movie “The Female Hustler”
- Mother And Son Both Killed While In Police Restraints – Years Later Family Still Seeks Justice
- Cincinnati: A Man Found Dead In Kennedy Heights Remembered As A Great Boxer
Famous Anti-Vaxxers Who Have Died From COVID-19
1. Marc Bernier1 of 7
2. Phil Valentine2 of 7
3. Dick Farrel3 of 7
4. Tod Tucker4 of 7
5. Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr.
5 of 7
(GSN) America’s beloved Bible Prophecy Teacher Dr. Jimmy DeYoung Sr. passed away early Sunday morning, according to his wife Judy. Dr. DeYoung had been admitted to the hospital Aug. 7. He was diagnosed with COVID. He had questioned COVID-19. pic.twitter.com/kdfxtvUb7s— HJ (Hank) Ellison (@hjtherealj) August 19, 2021
6. Caleb Wallace
6 of 7
Caleb Wallace, a leader of the anti-mask movement in central Texas, has died of coronavirus, his wife says - NYT pic.twitter.com/dVHZbO7Nc3— BNO Newsroom (@BNODesk) August 29, 2021
7. Herman CainSource:Getty 7 of 7
Ohio updates guidelines for COVID-19 quarantining in schools was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com