Jacqueline Avant, the wife of music legend and impresario Clarence Avant, was shot and killed in a home invasion robbery on Tuesday (November 30). She was 81. According to TMZ, the Avants were at their Trousdale Estates home in Beverly Hills when a group of people broke into the home, and one opened fire, hitting Jacqueline. She was rushed to the hospital, where she tragically passed away.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In October, Clarence was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and was the subject of a Netflix documentary in 2019 titled The Black Godfather, highlighting his influence on pop culture and Black music. Jacqueline was the President of the Neighbors of Watts, a support group that focused on child care as well as a member of the Board of Directors of UCLA’s International Student Center.
The Avants were wed in 1967. Jacqueline is survived by her husband, Clarence, and their two children, Nicole Avant and Alexander Avant.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Avant family during this difficult time.
This story is developing.
- Jordan Brand Partners With Howard University
- Miss Independent: Neyo Once Grabbed Coco’s Fatty With Ice-T’s Approval?
- Cincinnati: The Reds To Play At The Filed Of Dreams
- Kathy Hilton: Mistakes Lizzo for ‘Precious’ [VIDEO]
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s ‘Irv Gotti Gotta Let Go’ | Episode 80
- Megan Thee Stallion Serves In A Flesh Colored Catsuit
- Lori Harvey On Dating: ‘I’m Not Doing Anything That’s Going To Compromise My Peace And Happiness’
- Frank Gore Dragged Naked Woman By Hair In Atlantic City Hotel: Report
- I Don’t Know Her: Taylor Swift Denies Knowing 3LW And Their Hit Song At Center Of “Shake It Off” Lawsuit
- Republican Group Launches Attack Ad On Herschel Walker, Who Somehow Blames Raphael Warnock
Jacqueline Avant, Wife Of ‘Black Godfather’ Clarence Avant, Shot & Killed In Home Robbery was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com