According to NBC4i, the Ohio Department of Health has released the latest number of COVID-19 cases in the state, and it includes a new high for cases reported over 24 hours.
As of Wednesday, Dec. 29, a total of 1,975,723 (+20,320) coronavirus cases have been reported in Ohio, leading to 95,709 (+592) hospitalizations and 11,687 (+64) ICU admissions. A total of 6,972,058 have at least started the vaccination process — or 59.65% of the state’s population — an increase of 10,778 from the previous day.
Gov. Mike DeWine said Wednesday that COVID-19 hospitalizations are at their highest levels of the pandemic, with the Ohio Hospital Association reporting 5,356 patients.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to the 70s Love Jam ft. The Whispers and more!
- Trailblazing Fashion Icon André Leon Talley Dead
- Steve Harvey Playfully Reacts To A Picture Of Step-Daughter Lori And Michael B. Jordan: ‘Very Uncomfortable With That Picture Right There’
- Sidney Poitier Death Certificate Reveals He Died From Combination Of Heart Failure, Alzheimer’s Dementia & Prostate Cancer
- Charles McGee, A Pioneering Tuskegee Airman Fighter Pilot, Has Died At 102
- Jennifer Hudson, H.E.R, And ‘Insecure’ Lead 2022 NAACP Image Award Nominations
- Prince’s Estate Has Finally Been Settled, Given A Valuation Of $156.4 Million
- Lusia Harris, ‘The Queen Of Basketball’ And First Woman Drafted By The NBA, Dies At 66
- Elderly Black Woman Exonerated After Spending 27 Years in Prison For Niece’s Murder
- Rep. Barbara Lee Commemorates 6th Annual National Day Of Racial Healing With Panel On Reparations And Transformation
- Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade’s Chemistry Is Undeniable In These Sexy Birthday Pics
Coronavirus in Ohio Wednesday update: 20,000 new cases reported was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com