According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The Body Shop Empowers Youth Voters With It’s ‘Be Seen Be Heard’ Initiative
- Nia Long Shows Off Her Blonde Box Braids On Instagram
- ACLU Of Georgia and Inner-City Muslim Action Network Explore ‘Rap On Trial’
- Tracee Ellis Ross Gives Us Fashion Goals In A Technicolor Dress
- Lala Anthony Gives Us Body Goals In A Gold Bikini
- Watch ‘Unveiling: The Origins Of Charlottesville’s Monument’ Documentary Shining Light On Forgotten History
- Charlottesville’s Unfinished Statue Business Five Years After ‘Unite The Right’
- Protester Files Civil Lawsuit After Being Forcefully Sedated By Paramedics While Handcuffed
- Cardi B Reveals She Uses Onion Water To Achieve Long, Healthy Tresses
- Author Stabbed In Neck On Stage After Receiving Death Threats For Over 30 Years
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com