According to NBC4i, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine issued an on-camera statement regarding Friday’s decision by the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn Roe v. Wade, effectively eliminating the constitutional right to abortion.
“My purpose tonight is not to debate the merits of this decision. There will be plenty of time to do this in the days and weeks ahead,” DeWine said. “I think it’s important as we discuss the abortion issue we in Ohio do it in a civil way and recognize there are people of good will on both sides who have strongly and honestly held beliefs.”
Shortly after DeWine spoke, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost announced the Heartbeat Bill has become law in the state, which bans abortion once a heartbeat is detected.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Suspected White Supremacists Arrested For Alleged ‘Racially Motivated’ Plot To Attack Baltimore’s Power Grid, FBI Says
- Columbus Police Show Off Black History Month-Themed Police Car With Reportedly Fake MLK Quote
- Legendary Skater Tony Hawk To Help Fund Skatepark In Honor Of Tyre Nichols
- Cincinnati: Could The Bengals Trade Tee Higgins???
- Be a “DJ for a Day” + Win $250
- Michelle Obama: Is Launching A Podcast
- Lizzo Credits Prince For Inspiration & Calls Beyoncé “The Artist Of Our Lives”
- DOJ To Participate In Independent Review Of Memphis P.D. After Tyre Nichols’ Deadly Attack
- Beyoncé Is Now The Most Grammy Awarded Artist In History With 32 Wins
- Viola Davis Is Officially An EGOT Winner After Recent Grammy Win
Watch: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine addresses Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com