There’s a lot of chatter around Diddy’s tweet:
That then turned into Instagram live discussions with Timbaland, Mary J. Blige, Kehlani, & Jermaine Dupri:
So, in the midst of all the talk of R&B being dead, how it’s changing, what’s missing from it, I was able to talk with a R&B artist that is on his own path to greatness. And, in that greatness, he’s also making his presence known in more ways than one.
Rob Milton is a singer/songwriter/A&R/PR machine that understands that his gift isn’t bound to one place. He’s truly living and embodying a “Renaissance”, word to Beyonce’s latest project that absolutely comes up in the interview. To discuss the state of R&B and what it means to someone that is actively recording the music that’s questioned to be dead, I was able to share meaningful and powerful dialogue.
- The industry’s standards of artists that’s “accepted”
- What makes Atlanta special & unique for him
- His early beginnings in music & first project, “Love Today“
- Being known internationally & discovered organically
- Placements on TV shows (HBO’s “Insecure“)
- Writing for R&B giant, Monica, for her latest single with Ty Dolla Sign “Friends“
- Career goals as an artist
- Favorite songs from Beyonce’s latest project “Renaissance“
You can follow Rob & his music here at his website.
To hear the full interview, check out the “What Do I Do Now?” Podcast below:
“R&B Isn’t Dead, It’s Never Been Dead”: Rob Milton Talks Music & More was originally published on majicatl.com
Listen To RNB 100.3 On Your Amazon Echo
Download the New RNB 100.3 Mobile App For Your Smartphone!
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL OFFICIAL CONTEST
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Watch: Christopher Williams Perform 'Every Little Thing U Do' at Rhythm on the River
Ohio Media School
Al Roker And Craig Melvin Take Days Off After ‘Today’ Show Employee Tests Positive For Coronavirus
"Get Started" at Cincinnati State