Kanye West paid tribute to rapper Nipsey Hussle.
At his Sunday service, Kanye mixed swelling music with inspirational words spoken by Nipsey. It climaxed as Kanye’s gospel choir broke into a hymn. The congregation got goosebumps. (TMZ)
Kim Kardashian tweeted a clip of Kanye’s tribute.
A public memorial at the Staples Center is planned for Nipsey Hussle. The arena holds more than 20,000. Tickets will be issued in advance for Thursday’s service as a measure in crowd control.
Nipsey’s senseless murder has deeply impacted the city of Los Angeles. To put his death in perspective, the Staples Center hosted one other memorial service – in 2009 for Michael Jackson. (Los Angeles Times)
- Dozens of performers paid tribute to Nipsey on stage and social media.
- Seems like a lot of people jumped on the Nipsey bandwagon only after it was too late.
- Kodak Black apologized for an insensitive comment about Nipsey’s grieving girlfriend Lauren London. (People)
- Musicians already planned to congregate in Southern California at the end of the week for the Coachella Music Fest.
- Staples Center is available because the NBA season concludes on Wednesday and the LeBron James Lakers failed to make the NBA