Kevin Costner may not have known the support he enjoyed in the Black community but after the hearfelt tribute he gave Whitney Houston at her homegoing service, Black folks have been one of his key demographic audiences.
That may or may not be the reason he decided to make Black orWhite, his new film about what happens when a biracial granddaughter gets torn between the white family she does know and the Black family she should know.
Costner, Houston’s co-star in The Bodyguard and an Oscar winner for his classic Dancing With Wolves says that he was compelled to make Black or White because the story seemed the right one for the times. When it was resoundingly rejected by major studios despite his own box office clout, he made it using his own resources.
Like BlackAmericaWeb.com on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter.
White Male Celebrities BLACK WOMEN LOVE
16 photos Launch gallery
1. Jospeh Sikora
1 of 16
2. Nick Jonas
2 of 16
3. John Stamos - You didn't think we were watching "Full House" back in the day for the Olsen twins?!
3 of 16
4. Channing Tatum- It could be the dancing or the body, either way we are on Team Channing.
4 of 16
5. Brad Pitt- Isn't he just classic white boy fine?
5 of 16
6. Kevin Costner- Ever since he starred with Whitney Houston in "The Bodyguard" we have loved him.
6 of 16
7. Justin Timberlake- He can sing, he can dance, what's not to like?
7 of 16
8. Richard Gere- Maybe, he's not the hunk that he used to be...but back in the day sistas would have been in line for the man!
8 of 16
9. Matthew McConaughey- Something about that southern twang that melts our hearts.
9 of 16
10. Tom Cruise- He'll always be the hot thing in "Risky Business" to us.
10 of 16
11. Robin Thicke- It could be that sweet falsetto, his blue-eyed soul or the fact that he loves black women just as much as we love him!
11 of 16
12. Colin Farrell- Who doesn't like an Irish bad boy?
12 of 16
13. Robert DeNiro- He's no Adonis but he's definitely had some sistas [including his wife] wanting to find them their own Italian Stallion over the years.
13 of 16
14. Chris Noth aka Mr. Big . . . He loves Black women and we love him.
14 of 16
15. George Clooney- He's vintage sexy and he has dated a Black woman in the past.
15 of 16
16. Actor Simon Baker made "Something New" seem like the right thing to do.
16 of 16