Republican Rep. John Becker, along with Representatives Candice Keller, Nino Vitale, and Paul Zeltwanger, announced articles of impeachment were officially filed against Ohio Governor Mike DeWine on Monday.
The announcement comes after months of mounting GOP pressure on the governor to relax his coronavirus precautions despite the COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths rising.
Ohio crossed 5,000 inpatients with coronavirus in Ohio’s hospitals for the first time. On November 1st, there were just under 1,700 coronavirus patients in Ohio hospitals.
I'm asking every Ohioan to continue to pull back and limit your activities. There is a cause and effect to what we do – we can slow this down. The scariest thing is that there is no indication that we have plateaued. We haven't seen anything like this for 100 years.
— Governor Mike DeWine (@GovMikeDeWine) November 30, 2020
The governor wasted no time to address the articles of impeachment matter during his daily presser.
“I have to make these decisions based upon what I think is best. That is my sworn duty”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- TriState Strong Getting to Zero
- A $390 Million Budget Cut, Ordered by Republican Gov. Mike DeWine
- Actress GG Townson On Transforming Into Salt-N-Pepa, 90s Fashion
- Pregnant and Gettin’ It: Kelly Rowland And Her 9-Month Bump Drop It Low
- Ms. Juicy Shares What Her & Ms. Minnie’s Relationship Was Really Like + Details Of New Season Of Little Women Atlanta [EXCLUSIVE]
- Gary’s Tea: Luenell Said This About Dr. Dre’s Woman Beating Allegations [WATCH]
- Michelle Obama Wore Both Fenty Beauty and Pat McGrath Makeup To The Inauguration
- OHIO: An Earthquake Was Reported In Ohio
- Henry “Hank” Aaron: Passed Away At The Age Of 86
- Designer Sergio Hudson Details His Process For Creating VP Kamala Harris and Michelle Obama’s Inauguration Day Outfits
- GoDJ Hi-C Explains What Exactly Happened During Keyshia Cole & Ashanti Verzuz [EXCLUSIVE]
Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Reacts To Republicans Filling Articles of Impeachment was originally published on wzakcleveland.com