A Fresno County judge ordered a psychiatric evaluation for suspected shooting spree killer Kori Ali Muhammad after he yelled in court to “Let Black people go” Friday, reports The Fresno Bee.
From The Fresno Bee:
Muhammad, wearing shackles and a yellow jail jumpsuit, made his first Fresno County Superior Court appearance since the deadly shootings of the past week, but the proceedings were suspended after the defendant’s outburst. He yelled: “Let black people go and reparations.”
Muhammad’s mental competency was questioned by his attorney, Eric Christensen of the Public Defender’s Office. Judge W. Kent Hamlin ordered a psychiatric evaluation and rescheduled Muhammad’s arraignment for May 12.
…A criminal complaint accuses Muhammad of murder in the April 13 shooting death of motel security guard Carl Allen Williams III. He also is accused of the attempted murder that night of security guard Oscar Menjivar. Police say Muhammad was the gunman in a shooting rampage Tuesday morning in central Fresno that left three men dead.
Hamlin set Muhammad’s bail at $2.6 million, reports The Associated Press.
Every Time President Obama Has Addressed A Mass Shooting In His Presidency
1. Fort Hood Shooting – November 5, 2009Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 1 of 13
2. Tucson Shooting – January 8, 2011Source:Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images 2 of 13
3. Aurora Shooting – July 20, 2012Source:Karl Gehring/The Denver Post via Getty Images 3 of 13
4. Sikh Temple Shooting – August 5, 2012Source:Scott Olson/Getty Images 4 of 13
5. Sandy Hook Shooting – December 14, 2012Source:EMMANUEL DUNAND/AFP/Getty Images 5 of 13
6. Navy Yard Shooting – September 16, 2013Source:Alex Wong/Getty Images 6 of 13
7. Second Fort Hood Shooting – April 2, 2014Source:BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images 7 of 13
8. Kansas Jewish Community Shooting – April 13, 2014Source:Julie Denesha/Getty Images 8 of 13
9. Charleston Emanuel AME Shooting – June 17, 2015Source:JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images 9 of 13
10. Chattanooga Recruiting Center Shooting – July 16, 2015Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 10 of 13
11. Umpqua Community College Shooting – October 1, 2015Source:Steve Dykes/Getty Images 11 of 13
12. San Bernardino – December 2, 2015Source:Joe Raedle/Getty Images 12 of 13
13. Orlando Pulse Shooting – June 12, 2016Source:BRENDAN SMIALOWSKI/AFP/Getty Images 13 of 13
‘Let Black People Go:’ Fresno Shooting Spree Suspect Yells In Court was originally published on newsone.com