*Deadline.com is reporting that producer Jimmy Iovine will end his duty as in-house mentor on “American Idol,” and will be replaced by former judge Randy Jackson.
Iovine, co-founder of Interscope Records and chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M, joined “Idol” in Season 10, the first without original judge Simon Cowell. With his music executive/producer experience and no-nonsense attitude, Iovine was tipped to fill the void left by the acerbic British music executive. Iovine’s Interscope Geffen A&M also took over from Cowell’s label in handling the albums of the “Idol” finalists.
While “Idol” has ended its relationship with Iovine, the show may not be left without a top music producer evaluating the contestants as Dr. Luke has been in talks for the last vacant seat on the judging panel, joining Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez.
Article and Picture Courtesy of EUR Web
- Like Old School Cincy 100.3 on Facebook to stay updated with the latest news and original content!
- Little Known Black History Fact: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
- PM BUZZ: Mariah Shuts Down Nick Cannon; Kevin Hart Blasts Angry Women; Drake Looks Like Blue Ivy & More…
- Lee Thompson Young Was Going Through Depression at the Time of Death
- Will President Address 50 Year Economic Gap Between Blacks & Whites At March?
- Lee Daniels Perpetuates Black Myths That Need To Die
Randy Jackson Returns to ‘American Idol’…But Not as a Judge was originally published on wzakcleveland.com