According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Nominate a 2021 Senior for R&B and Raising Canes to Honor!
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Results From Her Keto Diet And She Looks Amazing!
- Diddy Offers Tribute To Black Rob: “You Will Truly Be Missed!”
- Saweetie Teams Up With Quay To Drop ‘Icy Sunglasses’ Just In Time For Summer
- Republican State Rep. Who Attended Trump’s Jan. 6 Rally Mocks Lynchings, Defends Racist 3/5 Compromise
- Merrick Garland Restores DOJ Powers Investigating Police Departments
- Adam Toledo’s Killing Reaffirms Chicago’s Demands For Community-Driven Police Accountability
- Republicans’ New ‘America First Caucus’ Carries On Trump’s White Supremacist Politics
- The 2020 NBA Championship Lakers won’t visit the White House
- Cicadas are coming!
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com