According to NBC4i, Governor Mike DeWine has announced a plan to end mask mandates and all health orders in Ohio. Although there is a plan, the date has not been set yet. It all depends on how Ohioans continue to work hard to drive down COVID-19 numbers in the state.
DeWine said he will cancel all health orders once the state reaches 50 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 residents over a two-week period.
His comments came a day after two fellow Republicans called on DeWine to suspend the health orders after Texas and Mississippi said they would.
In making his case for how we would end the health orders, DeWine first summarized the state’s efforts to vaccinate Ohioans that began in December with nursing home residents and front-line healthcare workers.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/community/health/coronavirus/ohio-governor-mike-dewine-plans-530-p-m-statewide-address-on-covid-19/
Watch his address here
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Nominate a 2021 Senior for R&B and Raising Canes to Honor!
- Sherri Shepherd Shows Off Results From Her Keto Diet And She Looks Amazing!
- Diddy Offers Tribute To Black Rob: “You Will Truly Be Missed!”
- Saweetie Teams Up With Quay To Drop ‘Icy Sunglasses’ Just In Time For Summer
- Republican State Rep. Who Attended Trump’s Jan. 6 Rally Mocks Lynchings, Defends Racist 3/5 Compromise
- Merrick Garland Restores DOJ Powers Investigating Police Departments
- Adam Toledo’s Killing Reaffirms Chicago’s Demands For Community-Driven Police Accountability
- Republicans’ New ‘America First Caucus’ Carries On Trump’s White Supremacist Politics
- The 2020 NBA Championship Lakers won’t visit the White House
- Cicadas are coming!
Gov. DeWine Announces Plans to End Mask Mandates and Health Orders in Ohio was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com