Somewhere, Rachel Dolezal is laughing her ass off.
A Gambian model is being accused of actually being a White woman in black face makeup. According to reports, her Brazilian accuser had this to say in the comment section of Instagram (translated by BlackGirlLongHair.com):
“The greatest black woman you all respected, the greatest African woman you have exalted (laugh), is actually white. I’m dead with this “fulera” (slang that often means something or someone is cheap, worthless, ridicule), blacker than her…It reminds me of the pregnant woman from Taubate (a famous Brazilian story about a woman who faked a pregnancy of 4 babies with a huge fake belly) that made Edu Guedes (a Brazilian TV presenter) thrill with her unbelievable story, (continues laughing).”
She also pointed out that the model, known as Melvnin to her followers, had hands that were lighter than the rest of her body. But like Melvnin would explain, uneven skin is not uncommon in the Black community.
Click here to see more photos of the beautiful model, plus thoughts from her followers. Remember that time when a White woman posed as Black woman for pretty much her whole life? Maybe that’s what’s got people acting ignorant and up in arms?
SOURCE: BlackGirlLongHair | PHOTO CREDIT: Instagram, NewsOne, Twitter
#BlackGirlMagic: Stars Stun In The 2016 Black Girls Rock Ceremony
1. MonicaSource:Getty 1 of 16
2. Hillary ClintonSource:Getty 2 of 16
3. Amandla StenbergSource:Getty 3 of 16
4. Tatyana AliSource:Getty 4 of 16
5. Tracee Ellis RossSource:Getty 5 of 16
6. Corinne Bailey RaeSource:Getty 6 of 16
7. Justine SkyeSource:Getty 7 of 16
8. Gladys KnightSource:Getty 8 of 16
9. Andra DaySource:Getty 9 of 16
10. Shonda RhimesSource:Getty 10 of 16
11. RihannaSource:Getty 11 of 16
12. Naturi NaughtonSource:Getty 12 of 16
13. Tatyana Ali presentingSource:Getty 13 of 16
14. Iyanla VanzantSource:Getty 14 of 16
15. Kelly RowlandSource:Getty 15 of 16
16. RihannaSource:Getty 16 of 16
People Think This Gambian Model Is A White Woman Pretending To Be Black was originally published on globalgrind.com