One of our favorite “Saturday Night Live” veterans is coming back to NBC!
According to reports, Maya Rudolph is starring in her own variety special titled “The Maya Rudolph Show.” The comedy special, scheduled to air on May 19 at 10 p.m., will feature the 41-year-old comedian and a few of her famous friends, including Kristen Bell, Andy Samberg, Fred Armisen, Craig Robinson, Sean Hayes, and Chris Parnell.
Along with an hour of laughs, viewers can look forward to a special performance by Janelle Monáe featuring Raphael Saaddiq as bandleader.
Sources say the special, executive produced by SNL’s Lorne Michaels, may also serve as a pilot for an ongoing series. Only time shall tell!
In related female comedian news, The Wrap reports that Chelsea Handler is in talks with CBS about getting a late-night show of her own. Sources say she’s eyeing Craig Ferguson’s 12:30 time slot.
Check Out This Gallery
26 Random Thoughts Every Women Has On A Bad Date
1. I Wasted An Outfit On This. I'm Wearing This Again Tomorrow.1 of 5
2. I Wonder How Many Likes I Got On My Latest Instagram Post?2 of 5
3. Maybe I'll Get My BFF To Call Me & Pretend Something Happened...3 of 5
4. Oh You Hate When Women Smoke Pot, Do You?4 of 5
5. I Should Call My Mom.5 of 5
Maya Rudolph Lands Her Very Own Variety Show On NBC! was originally published on hellobeautiful.com