TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Wayne Brady Tells Racist Voicemail Heckler To “Kiss My A**”
- The Weeknd Can Now Feel His Face, Says He Is “Sober Lite” After Quiting Hard Drugs
- Go Fast: Lovers & Friends Festival Tickets On Sale Now, Usher, Ms. Lauryn Hill, & TLC Among Headliners
- Wendy’s Manager Fired For Calling Black Woman ‘B**ch’ On Camera [VIDEO]
- Report: Carson Wentz To Undergo Foot Surgery, Out 5-12 Weeks
- Jay-Z Wants to Hire 100 People To Help Reopen 40/40 Club
- The Fire This Time: Celebrating James Baldwin On His 97th Birthday
- Study Confirms Cops Treat Black Drivers With Less Respect Than White Counterparts
- Why Raven Saunders Raised Her Arms In Overhead “X” As Symbol of Protest On Podium At Tokyo Olympics
- Simone Biles Returns For The Final Event Of The Tokyo Olympics