TMZ has broken the news that John Singleton had a mild stroke and is being treated in ICU in an unnamed hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Singleton had just returned from Costa Rica and was experiencing some weakness in his leg. He checked himself into a hospital after not feeling well. Singleton’s family stated, “We ask that privacy be given to him and our family at this time and appreciate all of the prayers that have been pouring in from his fans, friends and colleagues.”
Singleton became a household name in 1991 with his directorial debut of “Boyz In Tha Hood” earning Oscar nominations. Other notable projects included “Poetic Justice,” “2 Fast 2 Furious,” “Empire,” “The People vs OJ Simpson: American Crime Story” and more.
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Cincy’s “30 Under 30”
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- ‘Lift Your Pearls & Check Your Girls’ Initiative Encourages Black Women To Take Action Against Breast Cancer
- Media 2070 One Year Later: Media Reparations Are Needed For A More Equitable Future
- Freeway Mourns The Passing Of His Daughter Harmony
- ‘The View’ Attempted to Talk About Critical Race Theory But Let Conservative Misinformation Dominate The Conversation
- Michael B. Jordan Gave A Sweet Speech At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party: ‘There’s No Place I’d Rather Be’
- Melanin Overload: Justine Skye, Normani, Ryan Destiny, And Marsai Martin Shine At Lori Harvey’s SKN Launch Party
- DOJ Launches New Program To Combat Redlining And Lending Discrimination
- Steve Harvey Credits Wife, Marjorie, For Helping Him Ditch The Long Suits And Upgrading His Style