Governor Mike DeWine has announced that Ohio will be extending the stay at home order until May 1st.
The original order was set to expire April 6th but since the state is still seeing an incline of COVID-19 cases this extension is being mandated. As of April 2nd’s press conference Ohio has 2,902 confirmed cases, 81 deaths and 802 patients in the hospital.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
A few other things will be added to the stay at home order starting April 6th, essential stores will be regulating the number of people allowed in a store at one time. People traveling into the state of Ohio will be asked to quarantine for fourteen days. This does not include people that may be traveling into the state that work in Cincinnati but live in Northern Kentucky for example. State parks in Ohio will remain open but monitored to ensure people are following guidelines. Weddings, funerals, and receptions will not be regulated but must follow the mandate of 10 people or less in attendance.
There is a record number of people in the state that are out of work, so the state of Ohio has started a new job portal for people that are looking for work. You can search for a job in the area that you are looking for. Currently, there are thousands of jobs available for work. If you are an employer looking for workers you can also register your positions there. Click here for the new Ohio job site.
- Nominate Someone to Be Honored as One of the Cincy’s “30 Under 30”
- Model Monday: Taylor Davis Snagged A Modeling Contract On Instagram Live
- Big Purr! MUA Mimi Choi Shows Us How To Recreate The Cowardly Lion For Halloween
- Cincinnati Bengals: Win Big In Baltimore
- Snoop Dogg: Opens Up About His Mother Passing Away
- ‘January 6th Energy’: Anti-Vax Protest For Kyrie Irving To Play Compared To Capitol Insurrection
- Rare Legal Proceeding Examining Eric Garner’s Killing Set To Start Monday
- Vote Yes on 2: Minneapolis Deserves Big Change Not More Small Promises
- Draya Michele Sets The Internet Ablaze In A ‘Barely There’ Chain Skirt
- The Dads On Duty Group Helps Quell Violence At Louisiana High School
- Issa Rae And Yvonne Orji Channeled Lil’ Kim At Final ‘Insecure Fest’
Governor DeWine Extends Ohio’s Stay At Home Order Until May 1st was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com