With the NAACP Awards approaching, we can’t help but wonder what “Beyond The Lights” lead actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw might don for the occasion. The stunning Oxford, England native loves classic silhouettes with feminine and modern details. She always chooses gowns by designers like Lanvin, Calvin Klein and Jason Wu that play up her natural beauty, and give her a refined, polished look.
At the same time, Gugu isn’t afraid to experiment with colors and prints. She wore a brilliant Lanvin chartreuse twist-front gown to the New York premiere of “Belle.” For the “Beyond The Lights” Toronto Film Festival Premiere, she took a bold fashion risk with a floral Delpozo gown with a checkered bodice. But she’s at her sartorial best in elegant gowns in solid colors like the royal blue Reem Acra twisted bodice gown she wore to the BAFTA Brits To Watch Event, or the Lanvin emerald one-shoulder number she wore to the “Beyond The Lights” New York premiere. With her regal sense of style in mind, we picked 10 gowns that Gugu Mbatha-Raw could wear to the NAACP Awards in the slideshow.
Gowns That Gugu Mbatha-Raw Could Wear to the NAACP Awards
1. Valentino Spring 2015 Couture1 of 10
2. Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture2 of 10
3. Alberta Ferretti Resort 20143 of 10
4. Jason Wu Resort 20144 of 10
5. Reem Acra Pre-Fall 20155 of 10
6. Lanvin Resort 20156 of 10
7. Gucci Resort 20157 of 10
8. Elie Saab Spring 2015 Couture8 of 10
9. Reem Acra Resort 20159 of 10
10. Jason Wu Resort 201410 of 10