VH1 presents a new original movie called The Breaks, chronicling the journey of three friends united by their love of hip-hop, as they work to make their mark in the music industry in the summer of 1990 in New York City.
Premiering on Monday, January 4, the movie stars Mack Wilds, Wood Harris and Antoine Harris and the legendary DJ Premier serves as the Executive Producer.
Wood talks to the Tom Joyner Morning Show about his real life connection hip hop and the infamous roles that have made him a household name.
“It’s set in 1990 so it’s really off the edge of the 80’s. The three young characters are calling the prime of their life to help this evolution of this genre of hip hop music. I play a young mogul to be. It’s like seeing Puffy in 1990,” he said.
On his connection to hip hop artists in real life:
“I am a hip hop artist in a sense. I’m an artist but I’m so influenced by the genre. I had a group…FOTM.”
Click the link above to hear the entire interview.
12 Black Actors You Need To Know
1. Corey HawkinsSource:Corey Hawkin's Facebook 1 of 12
2. Tone BellSource:Tone Bell Instagram 2 of 12
3. Andra FullerSource:Andre Fuller Instagram 3 of 12
4. Kendrick SampsonSource:PR Photos 4 of 12
5. Justin HiresSource:PR Photos 5 of 12
6. Jessie T. UsherSource:PR Photos 6 of 12
7. Jason MitchellSource:PR Photos 7 of 12
8. Elijah KellySource:PR Photos 8 of 12
9. Alfred EnochSource:PR Photos 9 of 12
10. John BoyegaSource:PRPhotos.com 10 of 12
11. Laroyce HawkinsSource:Laroyce Hawkins Instagram 11 of 12
12. O'shea JacksonSource:PRPhotos.com 12 of 12
(Photo Source: Courtesy)
Wood Harris Stars In ‘The Breaks’, Talks Real Life Connection To Hip Hop was originally published on blackamericaweb.com