According to NBC4i, The Southern Ohio Medical Center (SOMC) posted the message on social media on Saturday. “This is an announcement we never wanted to make: Our ICU is at capacity,” the top of the message reads.
The post says the hospital “desperately” needs to the community’s help and explains getting vaccinated, wearing masks, and social distancing can all help. Usually when SOMC is strapped for resources, it can transfer patients to other hospitals.
Most of SOMC’s COVID patients are not vaccinated, according to Faulini. She says some have begged to get the vaccine when they’re about to be put on a ventilator.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Presale Tickets for Nelly Music Series Available August 26!!
- Community Conversations: Queens Village Will Honor Black Women’s Voices!
- Meals On Wheels Raise Funds Through Pie-K Run
- Angela Simmons & CURLS Partner For New Natural Hair Collection Called ‘The Hair Under There’
- Front Page News: Border Patrol In Texas Attempt To Remove Haitians With Whips On Horses [WATCH]
- Tamika Mallory Slams Biden Administration For Border Patrol Whipping Haitian Migrants: ‘Y’all Are Responsible’
- Jeff Johnson Asks Why Are Black Men Dying So Early? [WATCH]
- Whips On Horseback: U.S. Officials Claim Nothing Inhumane Is Happening To Haitian Migrants Being Removed From Texas
- Naomi Campbell Looks Ageless At The British Vogue X Tiffany & Co Event For London Fashion Week
- Beautify Delivery Is Taking The Beauty Game To The Next Level
- Before Gabby Petito, Hundreds Of Indigenous Girls Went Missing In Wyoming To Little Media Attention
This Ohio Hospital’s ICU is Full Because of COVID-19 was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com