The singer, who died April 21, began requesting foods that were easier to digest, according to his personal chef.
Two weeks after losing legendary singer Prince, authorities still haven’t determined his cause of death. But the musician’s personal chef told the Associated Press the icon was battling stomach and throat pain shortly before his passing.
The singer, who died April 21, began requesting foods that were easier to digest, chef Ray Roberts told the AP. He was also fighting off “waves of sore throats and frequent upset stomachs.”
From The Hollywood Reporter:
Roberts, who cooked for Prince nearly every day for almost three years, said in an interview that wasn’t the man he saw nearly every night, “not even a hint. Not at all.” But Roberts did start noticing changes in Prince’s diet — he was eating less and drinking less water, and looked like he was losing weight.
“It felt like he wasn’t himself probably the last month or two,” said Roberts. “I think he was just struggling with being sick a lot.”
Prince, who didn’t eat meat, normally loved foods like roasted beets and minestrone soup with a harissa chermoula, an herb sauce from North Africa. In recent months, Roberts said, as Prince would have sore throats or seem like he wasn’t feeling well for “weeks at a time,” he would prefer smoothies and fresh juices to soothe his throat or stomach.
Roberts, who knows throat issues aren’t unusual in Minnesota’s cool climate, didn’t suspect there was a larger issue.
Authorities are still trying to determine if the beloved entertainer died from an overdose from prescription drugs.
An investigation continues.
SOURCE: THR | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
ARTICLE FROM: NewsOne.com
Article Courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter and NewsOne
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images and NewsOne
Cleveland's Own DJ Knyce breaks Guinness World Record
1. 1459734857624Source:djknyce ferris wheel 1 of 17
2. 14597348000596Source:djknyce ferris wheel 2 of 17
3. 1459734853067Source:djknyce ferris wheel 3 of 17
4. 14597348489562Source:djknyce ferris wheel 4 of 17
5. 14597348442716Source:djknyce ferris wheel 5 of 17
6. 14597348398172Source:djknyce ferris wheel 6 of 17
7. 14597348359003Source:djknyce ferris wheel 7 of 17
8. 14597348318323Source:djknyce ferris wheel 8 of 17
9. 14597348269927Source:djknyce ferris wheel 9 of 17
10. 14597348226186Source:djknyce ferris wheel 10 of 17
11. 1459734862454Source:djknyce ferris wheel 11 of 17
12. 14597348179373Source:djknyce ferris wheel 12 of 17
13. 14597348136418Source:djknyce ferris wheel 13 of 17
14. 14597348088515Source:djknyce ferris wheel 14 of 17
15. 14597348043707Source:djknyce ferris wheel 15 of 17
16. 14597347902831Source:djknyce ferris wheel 16 of 17
17. 14597347953465Source:djknyce ferris wheel 17 of 17
Prince Reportedly Fought Throat & Stomach Pain Before Death was originally published on wzakcleveland.com