The speech was so powerful that it sparked a bunch of hatred from bigoted racists, including a petition started to get the actor fired from Grey’s Anatomy. The show’s creator, Shonda Rhimes, spoke out against the entreaty earlier this week, saying, “Boo don’t need no petition.”
But Jesse isn’t quite done getting things off his chest.
Erin Smith, the petition’s creator, doubled down on her stance, telling followers, “Update: Unfortunately, a necessary escalation is warranted.”
That was enough for the 34-year-old to speak out again. He took to Twitter to vent his disappointment, tweeting:
Jesse’s clapback at the haters comes on the heels of the devastating police shooting of Black man Alton Sterling in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
Which, unfortunately, only further proves his point.
SOURCE: ET | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twittter
Jesse Williams & 9 Other Celebrity Activists Who Inspire Us
1. Jesse WilliamsSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Russell SimmonsSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Angelina JolieSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Samuel L. JacksonSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Leonardo DiCaprioSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Victoria BeckhamSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. First Lady Michelle Obama and President Barack ObamaSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Beyonce Knowles CarterSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Alicia KeysSource:Getty 10 of 10
Jesse Williams Has A Lot More To Say About The Petition To Fire Him was originally published on globalgrind.com