With all the madness happening in the world today, it’s important to find the inspiration to keep going – no matter what.
Amidst all the drama surrounding borrowed presentations, it’s hard to forget one of the most poignant acceptance speeches of the past couple of years: Stuart Scott‘s when he received the Jimmy V Award for Perseverance at the 2014 ESPYS.
The late sports broadcaster, who would have been 51 years old today, passed away in January 2015 after a lengthy battle with cancer. In his speech, Scott told the crowd, “So live, live. Fight like hell. And when you get too tired to fight, then lay down and rest and let somebody else fight for you.”
Happy Birthday, Stuart Scott! Your legacy will continue to live on.
Check out his touching speech above.
SOURCE: ESPN | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
The 2016 ESPY Awards Red Carpet
1. Newlyweds Ciara and Russell Wilson haven't stopped smiling since their wedding day.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. Kobe Bryant and wife Vanessa were geeked on the carpet, just hours after announcing they're expecting their third child.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. The Currys meet The Wilsons.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. Teyana Taylor and Iman Shumpert are such a trendsetting couple.4 of 10
5. NBA Champion JR Smith graced the carpet with his fiancée.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. The Wades came to slay.6 of 10
7. Skylar Diggins looked gorgeous as usual.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. Usher caught up with Sugar Ray Leonard, whom he portrays in an upcoming biopic.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul looked dapper.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. Justin Timberlake threw on his best suit and tie for the show.10 of 10
Stuart Scott’s Inspiring Speech At The 2014 ESPYS Is The Only Thing You Need To See Today was originally published on globalgrind.com