We’ve official cancelled all of our plans for Friday, June 6 because “Orange Is The New Black” is coming back!
According to Netlfix, the addictive jailhouse drama will return for a highly-anticipated second season in 16 weeks. The series will continue where is left off, chronicling the life of privileged New Yorker Piper Chapman as she serves a 15-month prison sentence for her part in a drug-smuggling operation.
The show, based on Piper Kerman’s real-life story, features a handful of African-American actresses, including Danielle Brooks (Taystee), Uzo Aduba (Crazy Eyes), Samira Wiley (Poussey) and transgenderadvocate Laverne Cox (Sophia Burset).
Check out the teaser for our second TV addiction (the other is “Scandal, of course!) and tell us if you plan to tune in.
Check Out This Gallery
PASS THE POPCORN: The Best Black Web Series To Watch
1. Must-Watch Black Web SeriesSource:Getty 1 of 5
2. HARD Times | Episode 1 - "Inception"Source: 2 of 5
3. Entangled with You - Ep 1 - Just Say ItSource: 3 of 5
4. The Couple | Exes & Texts | Ep 1Source: 4 of 5
5. P.O.P. (Power of Pussy) Web Series: Part OneSource: 5 of 5
Netflix Reveals ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Season 2 Premiere Date was originally published on hellobeautiful.com