“I Can’t Breathe!” Sports Players Who Stand In Solidarity With Eric Garner, Mike Brown Protesters (PHOTOS)
was originally published on
1. Kobe Bryant and most of his Los Angeles Lakers teammates rocked “I Can’t Breathe” t-shirts during pre-game warmups before taking a win against the Sacramento Kings.
2. Brooklyn Nets players Kevin Garnett, Deron Williams, Jarrett Jack, Alan Anderson, and Cavaliers guard Kyrie Irving were spotted with “I Can’t Breathe” t-shirts during a Monday night game in Brooklyn. Here, they pose with rapper Jay Z.
3. Cleveland Browns cornerback Johnson Bademosi rocks an “I Can’t Breathe” shirt during warm-ups before a Sunday game.
4. St. Louis Rams players Jared Cook and wide receivers Stedman Bailey, Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Kenny Britt take part in the silent demonstration with their “Hands Up!” on the field to protest police violence.
5. Cleveland Cavalier LeBron James wears an “I can’t breathe” tee in honor of Eric Garner, a 43-year-old grandfather choked to death by an NYPD officer.
6. Soccer player Anthony Ujah showed his support for Eric Garner after scoring a goal.
7. Cleveland Cavalier LeBron James wears an “I can’t breathe” tee in honor of Eric Garner, a 43-year-old grandfather choked to death by an NYPD officer.
8. Detroit Lions’ Reggie Bush decided to wear a warm-up shirt with the phrase “I can’t breathe” scrawled over the front as a way to protest the death of Eric Garner and challenge police violence nationwide.
9. During the warm-up session for the Chicago vs. Golden State game, Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose was seen rocking a t-shirt that read “I Can’t Breathe,” in honor of Eric Garner.
10. St. Louis Rams offensive lineman Davin Joseph wrote Garner’s last words on his cleats ahead of a game against the Washington Redskins.