Another one bites the dust.
Sen. Cory Booker decided Monday to end his bid for the White House, making the announcement in the form of an email sent to supporters.
“Nearly one year ago, I got in the race for president because I believed to my core that the answer to the common pain Americans are feeling right now, the answer to Donald Trump’s hatred and division, is to reignite our spirit of common purpose to take on our biggest challenges and build a more just and fair country for everyone,” he said. “I’ve always believed that. I still believe that. I’m proud I never compromised my faith in these principles during this campaign to score political points or tear down others.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to NBC News, Booker shared his plans with his staff during a conference call at his campaign headquarters in Newark, NJ before making his announcement public.
With his departure, former Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick is now the only black candidate remaining in the 12-candidate Democratic primary.
Source: NBC News
- Cincinnati: Data Shows Omicron Is Looking In The Rearview!
- Idris Elba: The James Bond Producer Love Idris Elba And Are In Talks About Him Being The Next 007
- Miss Lissa’s MILF Manual: How I Navigate Motherhood, Meditation & Career
- How Kelly Rowland Combats Imposter Syndrome With Powerful Affirmations
- Shahadi Wright Joseph Is Gen Z’s Fashion One To Watch
- Watch Kanye West Talk Same Jive In New ‘Hollywood Unlocked’ Interview
- Here Are 5 Of The Most Beautifully Written Quotes From Black History
- Seeing Sounds: Pharrell Williams Announces Tiffany & Co. Collaboration
- Yung Miami Wears Her All-Red Balenciaga Pantaboots To Perfection In Latest Look
- ‘Unbought And Unbossed’ At 50: Shirley Chisholm Continues To Inspire Black Women In Politics
Another One: Sen. Cory Booker Drops Out Of 2020 Presidential Race was originally published on 92q.com