Orkin has released its annual list of cities with the worst infestation of bed bugs. And unfortunately, for the 5th consecutive year, Columbus is one of the worst cities in the country for bed bugs!
Not only is Columbus rounding off the top 5 of the list but four other Ohio cities were also included on the list. Cincinnati is 8th on the list, Cleveland is number 11, Dayton and Toledo round off the list at 49 and 50 respectively.
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
- Columbus, OH
- New York
- Cleveland, OH
- San Francisco
- Raleigh, NC
- Champaign, IL
- Grand Rapids
- Richmond, VA
- Greenville, SC
- Knoxville, TN
- Buffalo, NY
- Greensboro, NC
- Charleston, WV
- St. Louis
- Davenport, IA
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Myrtle Beach
- San Diego
- Fort Wayne, IN
- Las Vegas
- Hartford, CT
- Dayton, OH
- Toledo, OH
The list is derived from data gathered from where Orkin performed the most bed bug treatments between December 1, 2018 – November 30, 2019. The ranking includes both residential and commercial treatments.
“While bed bugs have not been found to transmit any diseases to humans, they can be an elusive threat to households,” said Chelle Hartzer, an Orkin entomologist. “They are excellent hitchhikers, and they reproduce quickly which make it nearly impossible to prevent bed bugs. Sanitation has nothing to do with where you’ll find them.”
“The key to preventing a bed bug infestation is early detection,” Hartzer said. “When one or more bed bugs enter a space, we call it an introduction. During an introduction, bed bugs probably haven’t started reproducing yet, but they could soon. Vigilance is key to stopping bed bugs before infestation levels.”
Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs:
- Inspect your home for signs of bed bugs regularly. Check the places where bed bugs hide during the day, including mattress tags and seams, and behind baseboards, headboards, electrical outlets and picture frames.
- Decrease clutter around your home to make it easier to spot bed bugs on your own or during professional inspections.
- Inspect your residence regularly—when you move-in, after a trip, when a service worker visits or after guests stay overnight.
- Examine all secondhand furniture before bringing it inside your home. This is a common way for bed bugs to be introduced into homes.
- Wash and dry your bed linens often, using the hottest temperature allowed for the fabric.
- Graphic Video: Black Teens Who Needed Help Are Held At Gunpoint By Responding Cops
- Facebook Removes Numerous Fugazi Pages & Instagram Accounts Pretending To Be Black Trump Supporters
- TRIED IT: Bread Beauty Supply’s Curly Hair Products Smell GOODT
- #FreeTianna: Everything To Know About BLM Protester Facing Felony Charges After Organizing Protest
- “Do It For Hip-Hop”: Rakim Calls Out Big Daddy Kane For Verzuz Battle
- Toni Braxton Surprises Rickey Smiley For His Birthday! [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Stomp Wars HBCU KNOW Virtual Homecoming Experience Hosted By Rock T
- Jini Thornton Explains The Coronavirus Stimulus Updates [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- Calls Grow Louder ‘Requiring’ Biden To Pick A Black Woman VP As Deadline To Announce Nears
- Big 10 Cancels 2020 Football Season Due to COVID-19 Concerns
These Cities in Ohio Rank High With The Worst Cities For Bed Bugs! was originally published on mycolumbuspower.com